International Center for Biosaline Agriculture, Dubai, UAE
Director of Partnerships and Knowledge Management
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Friday, April 15, 2016
The Knowledge Hub Specialist is responsible for building up, coordinating and Managing ICBA's knowledge repository platform ((Knowledge Hubs and associated Communities of Practice) and for coordinating the data and information management system at ICBA. He/she will utilize professional skills to support the Partnership and Knowledge Management Director in the development and implementation of ICBA's business plan, plus play a key role in supporting the Center meet its strategic objective of improving the generation and dissemination of knowledge.
- Manage ICBA's online presence and ensure the relative, quality content is added continuously on ICBA's website (internal and external) and on social media platforms. Develop SEO strategies to improve keyword ranking and ensure their consistent implementation.
- Oversee the design, development, data gathering and management of ICBA's Knowledge Hubs. This includes:
- Carrying regular needs assessment of the stakeholders the different Knowledge Hubs is targeting to gain insight into their needs and how ICBA Knowledge Hubs can best serve their needs.
- Overseeing the selection of the appropriate platform that provides the tools needed to meet the requirement both the Knowledge Hubs and the Communities of Practice under it.
- Seeking and identifying sources of technical content available within the ICBA team that is relevant to the stakeholders and design innovative means to include it. When needed, commission technical experts for additional content.
- Provide project, and data management expertise in the development, testing and launch of new information products. Ensure that quality of content is cleared by the editorial process.
- Coordinate peer review of expert contributions to the Knowledge Hub to ensure quality and accurateness.
- Develop strategic and attractive ways to make information readily available to online visitors while ensuring that all the knowledge hubs are well structured, interactive, easy to navigate, with a consistent tone and conform to ICBA's branding when applicable.
- Conduct quality assurance audits of content providers, processes, and content outputs.
- Track and report on strategically significant Knowledge Hub and Communities of Practice metrics.
- Primary responsibility for establishing new digital platforms for ICBA works such as pod-casts, webinars and webcasts, plus slide share, You Tube etc. Ensure that these facilities are actively used to promote ICBA's achievements and events.
- Supervise the maintenance of the contact lists to ensure that they are continuously in order and provide an effective tool for various ICBA targeted campaigns.
- Design an effective system to ensure that the ICBA Website and Knowledge Hubs are continuously updated and that there is an engaging discussion going on under the communities of practice.
- Maintain a base level of understanding across a range of useful technologies needed to maintain and grow healthy and popular Knowledge hubs (i.e web systems, CMS, cloud storage, open data access, SEO optimization, google analytics, webinars, podcasts etc...). Learn and understand the many different work processes that interact with the web systems.
- Research and keep up-to-date with the latest technological developments and assess and report on the benefits of alternative technologies/platforms that would increase engagement and improve content dissemination. Learn new technologies as the need arises.
- Provide recommendations to senior level management on the use of new tools and platforms. When needed manage the development of targeted apps (i.e. farmer friendly mobile messaging use local dialects; actionable video instructions).
- Provide support and technical maintenance of ICBA's existing web sites and systems
- Track and report on strategically significant website and social media metrics.
- Coordinate with the Communications Assistance to ensure that all relative material, events or links from the Knowledge hubs and Communities of Practice are downloaded on ICBA's social media platforms.
- Provide training and mentoring to ICBA staff of the platforms ICBA is using and develop training manuals.
- Participate in and support Division functions as requested and required by the Director of Partnerships and Knowledge Management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA in web development, online publishing, social media platforms or related field
- Strong web development skills, solid knowledge of Drupal and other online applications.
- Solid web analytics, SEO optimization experience.
- Digital media skills and knowledge of different digital tools and applications
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience working with content management systems and processes
- Prior Experience in Knowledge Hub or Communities of Practice Development
- Knowledge Management experience and knowledge in the theory of knowledge management and exchange is highly desirable
- Solid knowledge of English. Arabic language is desirable.
- Knowledge of online publishing is desirable
- Driven to stay abreast with the IT industry through self-study.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills couple with an understanding of how to develop audience specific messages from highly technical information.
- Experience of quality assurance processes and procedures
- Be flexible with the ability to work under pressure
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
ICBA P.O. Box 14660 Dubai- UAE
Fax: +9714 3361149