Director of Corporate Services
The Director Corporate Services is accountable for the provision of effective leadership, advice and support on corporate service matters. Specific responsibilities include: finance, organizational development, human resources, health and safety, information technology, corporate communications and corporate projects. The director role also includes the development/administration of policies and procedures relating to finance, human resources, internal controls, procurement, facilities, information technology and the security of all IT and ERP systems.
The Director would be organizational steward with a keen interest in the development of policies, programs and initiatives which will align people and technology seamlessly. He/She will focus on organizational effectiveness and efficiencies and strive for continuous improvement in all areas.
The division portfolio aims at maximizing return on investment of all financial, human and operational resources and reducing corporate costs.
As a member of the senior management team, He/She will be involved in strategic/business planning and evaluation. Accordingly, He/She will build and manage effective and streamlined administrative and financial systems, to support ICBA substantial growth over the next five to 10 years.
This position holder will report to the Director General and will interacts with donors, contractors, and all senior levels of staff and will supervise the Section Managers under Corporate Services Division.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as member of the ICBA Management Committee.
- Ensure that the Center meets all legal and government requirements.
- Support the ICBA’s Board of Directors (Finance committee).
- Advise the Director General on all matters affecting financial controls.
- Implement all financial policies and procedures documented in the Finance manual and recommends update or improvement.
- Prepare the Center’s annual budget in collaboration with Division budget holders. Develop and manage a project budgeting system, providing appropriate information and support to project managers.
- Prepare financial, analytical and interpretive reports for the senior management and Board of Directors, including the interim and annual financial reports, and information required during five-year financial and administrative reviews
- Ensure that financial reporting and accounting operations requirements of the donors and others are met
- Maintain effective financial control over the assets and liabilities, income and disbursements of the Center, including land, property, capital, inventories
- Serve as the Center’s liaison with the independent auditors
Implement and manage administrative activities of the Center, including information technology/computer support, facility management, procurement, logistical support for training and other events, etc.
Human Resources Management:
- Formulate, recommend and implement staff policies and procedures, including recruitment, staff development and welfare, and be responsible for communicating them to the staff
- Manage the staff performance evaluation process: ensure that the process is followed correctly and forms appropriately completed and signed; review and compile all staff performance plans to ensure adherence to the standard performance curve; submit the performance plan to the management for final approval
- Prepare in coordination with Division Directors, the annual staff training needs and ensure timely implementation of a training program
- Ensure efficient administration of staff salary and benefits, recruitment process and staff records
- BA in Business Administration or Finance or equivalent
- Accounting qualification such as CPA or CA
- 10 years’ experience in a similar position in an international organization
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Highly developed interpersonal and cultural sensitivity skills
- Computer literacy
- MBA or equivalent
- Previous experience in a non-profit or research organization
- Knowledge of Arabic
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
P.O. Box 14660
Fax: +9714 3361149