The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
Effectively manage the project accounting process including the control of project codes, allocation of expenses and periodic reporting within the established accounting framework (IFRS).
- Manage effectively the project accounting of the grant(s)
- Ensure all procurement adhere to the grants’ budget
- Timely posting of staff time charged to the grant(s)
- Posting of purchase invoices to the ERP
- Clear partner’s advances and verify liquidation of advances.
- Ensure compliance with grants’ financial and procurement guidelines.
- Prepare interim project reports
- Prepare financial reports for submission to Donor(s) as per as per project agreement.
- Initiate project audit as per the grant’s agreement.
- Administer fund requests as per agreement.
- Asset management in countries where project is being implemented.
- Other ad hoc tasks that will be assigned by the Head of Finance.
- A University degree in accounting, Business administration or equivalent.
- At least three years of experience in Accounting function. Experience in project accounting is a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Computer literacy including the ability to work with ERP
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision
- Should be willing to travel out of country if required