The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
People Resources Specialist ensures that all activities and programs related to people resources are implemented in accordance with ICBA global strategic business objectives. His/her main goal is to develop, implement and administer corporate-wide policies and systems in a consistent and transparent manner to achieve operational cost efficacies and ensure compliance with ICBA’s policies, UAE labor laws and best international practices. Preference to UAE nationals.
Responsibilities Related to People Resources
- Ensure the organization’s people resources strategy is implemented effectively, consistently, and according to UAE laws and the approved ICBA policies & procedures
- Take the lead in implementing the Human Resources module in the Navision ERP software
- Put in place systems and compensation programs that support continuous improvement, high performance and high retention rates
- Works with top management to set long-term staffing goals and strategies
- Assists and advises top management as well as section managers and supervisors regarding all people resource issues
- Review and update People Resources policies and procedures and develop processes and guidelines to support its administration.
- Oversee the daily operations of People resources and Protocol functions
- Oversee people sourcing and recruitment processes
- Assist the Head of Support Services to develop and implement strategic People Resources plans
- Assist the Head of Support Services to prepare reports and make presentations to the Management Committee and the Board
- Build competencies of the staff working People resource and Protocol and motivate them to enhance service delivery
- Work and supervise different related projects, such us ERP implementation
- Manage learning and development plans for the center in collaboration with the in-house Capacity Development specialist.
- Manage performance evaluation process and employees’ reward system in consultation with senior management
- Perform any other related functions as directed by the Head of Support Services
- Effective negotiation skills
- Teamwork and collaboration.
- The ability to work accurately under pressure while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong organizational & analytical skills
- Superior financial and legal awareness
- Ability to adapt to change while adhering to strict deadlines
- Strong networking skills
- Impeccable communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business administration. Master degree is preferable.
- Minimum 6 years’ relevant experience preferably in the development sector.
- Working knowledge of ERP, and various HR modules
- Good working knowledge of English and Arabic
Applicants are kindly requested to submit their cover letter and C.V. combined in one PDF file along with the required detail on the form below.