Post-Doctoral fellow - Crop Diversification & Genetic Enhancement
Assist the Crop Diversification & Genetic Enhancement section on screening and selection of new and improved genetic material.
- Synthesis of existing data related to screening for salinity and field evaluation, summarize and write up papers for publication in refereed journals, and technical reports.
- Conduct specific research experiments regarding crop management, water productivity and screening for salinity tolerance in conventional and non-conventional crop plants.
- Contribute to the design of relevant experiments; supervise implementation, field management and data collection and the production of relevant scientific publications.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual and technical reports of the Crop Diversification and Genetic Enhancement Section.
- Carry out physiological measurements and quality traits using modern instrumentation and techniques.
- PhD in Agronomy or related fields with specialization in Crop Production and physiology
- Experience in conducting research preferably on crop production and management under marginal and stress conditions.
- Experience in managing and analyzing scientific data. Knowledge of statistical packages is required.
- Candidate should be fluent in English, able to work independently and work with a team.
- High level of organization, ability to manage multiple tasks, and team work.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
Human Resources ICBA P.O. Box 14660 Dubai- UAE Fax: +9714 3361149 Email: email@example.com