Building Resilience for Food & Nutrition Security
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Poor countries and vulnerable people are being hit by a barrage of economic, environmental, and political shocks, which are becoming more frequent and intense.
Building resilience means helping individuals, households, communities, and countries prepare for, cope with, and recover from such shocks.
IFPRI’s 2020 Vision Initiative is organizing an international conference as the centerpiece of a two-year consultative process that will address a number of key questions. The conference will bring together policymakers, development practitioners, donors, and others to:
- Evaluate emerging shocks that pose significant threats to food and nutrition security.
- Assess experiences and draw lessons for using programs, policies, institutions, and investments to build resilience.
- Determine key approaches and tools for building resilience to shocks of varying levels.
- Identify knowledge and action gaps in research, policy, and programming.
- Set priorities for action by different actors and in different regions.
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)