Effect of Biochar on Crop Production Under Irrigation with Saline Water and Deficit Irrigation
- Determine the effect of biochar as a soil amendment on crop productivity in sandy soils.
- Determine the impact of biochar on crop responses to salinity and drought stress conditions.
- Determine the effect of biochar on soil nutrient availability
- Determine water holding capacity and water use efficiency in soils treated with biochar.
Application dates: March 2020 and January 2021
Sowing dates: December 2020 – (November 2021 for Alfalfa)
- No. of Trials : 2 (Full irrigation (100%) and deficit (75%) irrigation)
- Experimental design of each trial : Split plot design in RCBD
- Main plot treatments : 2 Crop species (Rhodes grass and alfalfa)
- Sub plot treatments: 9 (BS1 to BS9)
- Replicates: 4