Genome Wide Association Studies (GWAS) of Quinoa for Agronomic and Biochemical Traits
Project/Experiment Duration: 2020-2021
- Max Planck Institute, Germany
- Beijing Genomics Institute, China
- Evaluation of GWAS panel for yield and yield attributing traits under stress environment.
- QTL mapping for the major traits of interest in quinoa.
- Identification of robust and closely linked markers to the ‘traits of interest’.
- Identify the donors for the ‘traits of interest’ to be utilised in breeding program.
Date of Sowing: 1 November 2020
Experimental design: Augmented RCBD with 5 blocks
- Genotypes: 190 test genotypes and 6 checks.
- Stress conditions: Three levels of salinity (ECiw) treatments (control, 10dS/m, 20dS/m) and one water deficit condition (50% ET-based irrigation).