Sustainable Green Waste Recovery
- Recycle and treat green waste from saline environments in a sustainable way by transforming it into valuable products and compost that can be beneficially used for agriculture, horticulture, erosion control, and many other purposes.
- Test several mixtures based on the available vegetation.
- Optimize composting conditions in arid environments to produce compost of good quality by controlling feedstock’s physical and chemical characteristics.
- Optimize composting conditions by adding co-substrates and pre-treating green waste.
- Improve the quality of the final product by adding nutrient elements and/or beneficial microorganisms.
Starting date: 2020 and 2021
- 36 small units of compost are divided into two sub-plots:
- Different water quantity/quality for each subplot;
- 3 different mixtures of available feedstock and proportion.
- Two replications.