Agronomist & Crop Modeler
The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
Conduct applied research and modeling for selecting conventional and alternative crops adapted to ecologies with excessive salt, heat and drought stresses. The scientist will participate in developing technology packages including all crop management system operations.
- Planning, developing and implementing projects related to Agronomy and Crop modeling within the mandate of ICBA.
- Interact and associate with other research programs for multidisciplinary research activities.
- Lead and assist in development and preparation of projects and proposals for external grants.
- Contribute to guide the students and training programs of the institute and other ICBA publications.
- PhD in Agronomy from a recognized University
- At least 5 years' international work experience in Agronomy and Crop Modeling research
- Proven publication record in refereed journals
- Ability to initiate, conduct, and publish research and to obtain external grant funding
- Team player to work in multi-ethnic environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience in statistics and database management
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Additional language skills, Arabic is desirable
- Supervisory experience