Assistant - Partnerships and Resource Mobilization
The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA) – a not-for-profit, international center of excellence for applied research and development, established in Dubai in 1999 – identifies, develops and promotes innovative solutions and technologies that can increase food, nutrition and water security, improve the livelihoods of people and reduce degradation of natural resources in marginal environments, i.e. environments where natural resources are limited or have been degraded. ICBA’s areas of focus include: assessment and sustainable management of natural resources, including conventional and non-conventional water sources; crop diversification and genetic improvement for sustainable production, with a particular focus on climate-smart, stress-resilient crops; integrated agri-aquaculture systems for food, feed and biofuel; climate change modelling and adaptation; capacity building of farming communities and national agricultural research and extension systems; policy analysis and formulation; and knowledge management. ICBA’s work supports many countries around the world, including in the Middle East and North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, the Caucasus and Central Asia, and South and South East Asia.
The intern will support ICBA’s Partnership and Resource Mobilization (PRM) Unit in identifying funding opportunities, developing project proposals, managing relationships with existing donors and partners, as well as identifying and forging relationships with new donors and partners, both in the public and private sectors.
1. Identify new business opportunities by:
1.1 Proactively seeking and identifying potential new donors and partners
1.2 Assisting in setting up meetings with new donors and partners for ICBA’s senior-level management
1.3 Supporting the preparation of presentations to donors and partners
1.4 Supporting the organization of internal and external business development events.
2. Support the development of project proposals by:
2.1 Undertaking online research and compilation of information on donors, countries and thematic areas
2.2 Proofreading or editing
2.3 Preparing supporting documentation (CVs, institutional information, etc.) for proposal submission.
3. Support partnership management by:
3.1 Registering ICBA with relevant international bodies and networks
3.2 Maintaining and regularly updating the donor intelligence report
3.3 Following up on the renewal of memberships and subscriptions
3.4 Regularly updating all business information on ICBA’s intranet and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
3.5 Facilitating the organization of official visits by existing and potential partners to ICBA facilities
3.6 Supporting the PRM Unit in any other tasks as required.
- University degree in a relevant field (development studies, social studies, business administration), preferably at postgraduate level
- Previous internship experience highly desirable
- Proficiency in English, written and spoken
- Proficiency in Arabic highly desirable
- Advanced computer skills
Other Skills and Competencies
- Project management, organizational and planning skills
- Report writing, proposal writing and presentation skills
- Clear strategic mindset with an analytical focus
- An eye for detail and accuracy
- Superior interpersonal and networking skills
- Results-driven, problem-solving, innovative and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to multi-task and improve efficiencies in own field of work
- Professional, dynamic and proactive attitude