Call for consultancies: Organic farming consultant
The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
This consultancy will be carried out within the IDRC funded project entitled: Scaling up quinoa value chain to improve food and nutritional security in poor rural communities of Morocco. The consultant will facilitate training to farmers about organic farming in Rehamna region.
- Facilitate training about organic farming and specifically:
- Organic agriculture principles
- Traceability system in organic agriculture
- Internal control system for the group certification
- Writing of training report
- Assist project team in establishing organic certification
- Educational background on organic farming
- Experience in organic farming and assistance to organic certification
- Ability to facilitate training and easily communicate with farmers
- Familiarity with rural communities
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate in English, French and Arabic (Moroccan dialect)