ICBA aims to establish a roster of experienced proposal writing experts, who could be engaged on short-term/retainer contracts for the preparation of proposals or concept notes, either in response to donors’ calls for proposals/expressions of interest or on an ad-hoc basis.
Working in support and under the guidance of ICBA’s Senior Proposal Development Specialist, selected consultants will be required to:
- Write (or rewrite) proposals or concept notes for ICBA’s scientists and specialists, ensuring that they are well-written, persuasive, concise, and presented in a structured and easy-to-follow manner;
- Participate, when necessary, in the planning of approaches and pitches through teleconference with relevant ICBA staff;
- Ensure that the way in which ICBA’s proposed projects address donors’ strategic objectives is clearly explained in the proposals/concept notes;
- Research the contexts in which the projects proposed by ICBA will be implemented and reflect relevant information in the proposals/concept notes in a manner that provides prospective donors with a strong justification for funding ICBA’s proposed projects;
- Develop or revise the theories of change, the results frameworks and, if requested, the budgets of the proposed projects;
- Ensure that the final proposal/concept note documents are presentable and compliant with ICBA’s branding guidelines or the donors’ specific formats;
- Work within time and cost constraints, ensuring that the final deliverables are submitted on time and meet ICBA’s quality expectations.
A prospective candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent), preferably in development studies, communication, or another relevant field. A bachelor’s degree with a relevant combination of professional training, certification and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in proposal writing, preferably related to international agricultural research and development. Proven ability to draft/edit texts, articulating ideas in a clear and concise style, and develop theories of change, results frameworks and budgets for projects;
- Previous experience with research institutions, United Nations agencies, NGOs or funding agencies in project development, appraisal and/or implementation would be an advantage;
- Full professional proficiency in English; a similar proficiency in Arabic would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and the ability to produce professional Word and Excel documents;
- Pass ICBA’s selection/screening.
- In-depth knowledge of the international agricultural research and development arena, with a focus on food/nutrition security, water security, livelihoods and/or resilience to climate change;
- Ability to research, analyze and synthesize information related to complex development issues;
- Familiarity with the requirements of key development donors;
- Team player with the skills to coordinate proposal development exercises;
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit the following to HR Section: (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Samples of original writing
- Proposed daily rate and minimum notice period before commencement of an assignment
- Three references
The expressions of interest should be submitted with the subject line “Proposal Writer”.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo an assessment.