On-Call - Freelance Education and Partnership Consultant
The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
The consultant will act as on-call education and sponsorship consultant at the Emirates Soil Museum, developing programs, facilitating educational activities when needed and liaising with potential visitors, sponsors, and partners.
- Facilitate training, educational workshops / events / awareness campaigns
- Liaise with partners, visitors and potential sponsors and donors
- Successful delivery of agreed upon educational programs
- Designing new educational programs as agreed upon
- Completing workshop / program design
- Attracting new sponsors and visitors / Business Development
- A university degree.
- Experience in designing, developing, and facilitating hands-on and experiential education programs
- Experience in awareness campaigns, events, competitions
- Preferred experience in business development, fundraising, marketing, sales, customer service
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Arabic is an asset.