Consultant: Trans-boundary Basin Management
The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
ICBA (International Center for Biosaline Agriculture) in Dubai has a temporary position for a Program Officer to assist the Program Director, with collating trans-boundary basin management research results.
The applicant will have to re-locate to Dubai for a period of 3 to 4 months and will report directly to the Programme Director.
- Assist the Programme Director in collecting research reports, data, and information of research done in the different disciplines (hydrology, geohydrology, agriculture, soils, resource economics, natural resources) in riparian countries of the Euphrates and Tigris Basins over the last 5 years.
- Help with editing, reviewing, synthesizing, and writing up of the information from the different countries.
- Do the project planning, budgeting, finances, and application for the initiative.
- Arrange project assessment meetings and reporting
- Contribute to writing a new proposal
MSc and an understanding of trans-boundary water management and knowledge of related disciplines (water diplomacy, hydrology, geohydrology, agriculture, soils, resource economics, natural resources).