The Crop Diversification and Genetic Improvement Section at the International Center for Biosaline Agriculture is recruiting Crop Physiologist to strengthen its multidisciplinary team of experts working at the center to enhance agricultural productivity with particular emphasis on identifying sustainable solutions for agricultural production enhancement in marginal environments characterized by deteriorating quality of soil and water resources. The section is looking for a Crop Physiologists to compliment the agronomic work with physiology. related to different group of crops/plants that are able to sustain under drought-, heat- and salinity-conditions.
Establish a vigorous, dynamic and internationally-recognized research program as well as an innovative outreach program
Contribute significantly to the understanding of stress tolerance mechanisms particularly salinity, heat and drought stresses.
Postharvest physiology and handling of crops grown in marginal environments and factors influencing crop quality.
Develops and implements novel phenotypic screens in greenhouse and field for crop-based gene discovery research and biotechnology research.
Keep up-to-date on developments in crop physiology through the scientific literature, and publish research findings in peer-reviewed scientific journals with high Journal Impact Factors.
Support the molecular and breeding team for genetic improvement of targeted crops.
Develop projects related to area of expertise and in line with ICBA mandate, and procure internal and external funding
Design and conduct experiments, statistical analysis of data and assist other scientists and network partners as relevant to area of expertise
Assist in the formation of networks with regional, national and international institutions and take part in those already in place, and conduct collaborative or cooperative research with network partners
Develop and take part in workshops, conferences and training programs for scientists and regional specialists in area of expertise
Prepare scientific reports and publications in area of expertise
Supervise associate scientists, technicians and field workers
- PhD or its equivalent in Crop Physiology.
- At least 5 years’ experience in crop physiology research preferably with international research experience
- Strong publications record
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- International work experience
- Ability to initiate, conduct and publish research in a scientific manner, and to obtain external grant funding
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers, experimental design and statistical analysis of data
- Post-harvest and crop quality research experience.
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
Human Resources ICBA P.O. Box 14660 Dubai- UAE Fax: +9714 3361149 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org