Finance & Administration Officer
The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
To be responsible for finance , and administrative activities to maintain a supportive work environment for the multi-disciplinary team at the ICBA-CAC office.
- Maintain integrity of accounting record by implementing ICBA Finance Manual, and other ICBA Policies.
- Disbursement of payment to Vendors, ICBA CAC Staff and Partners after vouching proper documentation.
- Submission of monthly budget, financial expenditure report to ICBA HQ along with supporting documents for processing
- Process monthly bank conciliation for ICBA Bank account(s) in Uzbekistan.
- Monitor the budget for CAC projects and ensure expenses are duly authorized as per ICBA CAC Authorization Matrix
- Manage the petty cash.
- Maintain fixed asset register for ICBA assets in Uzbekistan and conduct physical verification ssets periodically.
- Preparation and submission of finance related report as per statutory requirement (i.e. Tax reports, Audit Report, etc)
- Assist ICBA HQ HR office in implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Responsible for HR administration which includes: maintaining of Personnel files of all National staff, leave management, contracts management and salary administration; taxes etc.
- Performance of all administration task effectively and efficiently for smooth running of office and research station operations
- Arranging office and research station supplies by processing on timely purchase orders.
- Handling all logistical needs of Office and research station activities.
- Arranging visa support, assistance with travel arrangements, travel expense claim settlements; arranging of Travel Insurance with local insurance company
- Arrangement of registration and accreditation of expats through MFA or Police department (exclusive actual expenditures such as service or other fees at DDS or police and etc.) every year:
- Arranging office maintenance, cleaning and security services for office premises.
- Correspondence and interactions with relevant Government offices, including Foreign Affairs, Immigration, Customs, Revenue Authority, Finance, Science, and Agriculture
- Translation and interpretation services (especially in English-Russian-English languages)
- Perform ad hoc finance and administrative tasks
- A University degree in accounting, Business administration or equivalent.
- At least five years of practical experience in Administration and Finance
- (preferably in an international environment).
- Excellent written and spoken English, Uzbek and Russian
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of other Central Asian languages
- An eye for detail and accuracy
- Superior interpersonal and networking skills
- Results-driven, problem-solving and able to work independent
- Ability to multi-task and improve efficiencies in own field of work
- Professional, dynamic and proactive attitude