The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
Assist ICBA’s scientists in generating GIS maps needed for sustainable use of soil and water resources for food security and ecosystem services.
- Support ICBA’s scientists in preparing GIS, satellite images, and remote sensing related research: generate high quality maps from image processing methods; undertake accuracy assessments to analyze the resulting maps; analyze generated data using GIS and relevant software’s / tools
- Support ICBA’s scientists in data analysis and interpretation, technical writing, and database management.
- Take lead in field – survey and geo-database development activities
- Support ICBA’s scientists in writing proposals and concept notes.
- Assist in preparing and conducting training programs on GIS in collaboration with ICBA’s Scientists.
- Other businesses like as needed by the SNRM Leader.
- Bsc in GIS
- At least 2 years’ experience in GIS applications, preferably in agricultural and water domains
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience working as a member of multidisciplinary team
- Working knowledge of programming
- Knowledge of Arabic