Head of Support Services
The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
Provide leadership and insightful role to the teams within Support Services to ensure that all operations pertaining to Support Services comply with ICBA’s policies, international standards and applicable to the UAE Laws and Statutes.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provide positive and professional leadership to staff in Support Services
- Serve as member of the ICBA Extended Management Committee.
- Ensure that the Center meets all legal, Audit and Government requirements
- Empower, manage, and develop specialists to plan and deliver objectives in line with robust programme and project management principles.
- Ensure effective implementation and monitoring to ensure excellent customer service, audit requirements and quality assurance.
- Provide strategic oversight and guidance to support services specialists and lead continuous improvement approach to service delivery.
- Oversee the implement of support services policies and procedures. Review and update the policies and procedures periodically.
- Provide financial oversight, financial forecasting and planning of relevant budgets to ensure spending delivers value for money and quality outcomes.
- Ensure ICBA’s policies and procedures are applied and complied with and that all audit and quality assurance requirements are met.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the People Resources unit including overall workforce planning and leadership, including welfare, supporting the team on complex cases, misconduct procedures, and compliance.
- Provide leadership and guidance to services related to the Government Relations and Protocols, maintaining key contacts within the UAE’s MOFAIC and ensuring compliance with host government requirements.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Procurement Services team in negotiating and administering value for money contracts in compliance with ICBA’s policies and best practices in joint contracts in UAE and between countries.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Facilities Operations to enhance operational efficiency and service delivery while overseeing the implementation of the facility management, health, safety and environment policies and procedures and monitor compliance of the same
- Provide leadership and guidance to IT Services team ensuring secure, and updated services provided to the center to improve efficiency and effectiveness of provided services.
- Other duties and responsibilities requested by the management as the need arises.
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience of which 5 spent in management or leadership of corporate services or administration management.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources or relevant field.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Highly developed interpersonal and cultural sensitivity skills
- Computer literacy
- Strategic and operational management skills
- MBA or equivalent
- Previous experience in a non-profit or research organization