The Information Technology Services (ITS) Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Managing the existing ICBA ERP system (Microsoft Navision) and oversee the work carried out by the outsourced network, operations, and technical support teams to ensure smooth operation of the network infrastructure and the support of client workstations. Lead the development and management of the campus network infrastructure.
- Work closely with scientists and other technical staff to ensure redundancy in system administration and network management knowledge and operations in ICBA.
- Assist the Corporate Services Director in planning, organizing, controlling, and implementing various projects to achieve the strategic goal of ICBA.
ERP System Administration
- Ensure that the system is performing accurately and efficiently
- Identify and correct and performance issues and errors
- Generate reports and dashboard as needed for the management
- Implement and maintain forms and views
- Implement and maintain business processes, rules and workflows
- Implement and test all changes made to the application
- Manage accounts, administrative and security roles and audit usage
- Maintain scheduled backups to ensure disaster recovery
- Work with ERP vendor to implement upgrades
IT and Systems Management Operations Management
- Provide effective and efficient day to day management of ICBA computer network system, user account/access administration, capacity planning/monitoring of server storage space, server and data base backup management, network monitoring, troubleshooting for staff computer issues, maintenance of network documentation, virus checking, routers, firewall, switches, wifi.
- Ensure continuous (24x7) availability of critical systems infrastructure and resources, including extended hours of operation (.60 hours/ week) IT client services – data centers, learning center, service center, and helpdesk. Coordinating with ISP Etisalat/DU to have run 24/7 UP in Leased Line, Internet and Telephones.
- Secure the network and systems by establishing and enforcing policies and then monitoring access and usage
- Manage and maintain the ICBA in-house computing environment including servers (Linux and Windows; MS Win Server, MS SQL, Exchange, AD etc.) and related systems MS Windows workstations and laptops and telephony equipment, ensuring that inventory and configuration information records are maintained at all times.
- Manage information about the inventory, disposition, and configuration of network infrastructure and equipment and ensure institutional records are current at all times.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery, back-up procedures, information security and control structures.
- Verifies applications results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented and proper IT Assets control.
- Research, test, evaluate, and recommend new network hardware and software.
- Schedule and implement approved upgrades of server and networking software
- Ensure prompt actions to resolve system problems, perform diagnostics to isolate faults and arrange for repairs or replacements to be carried out.
- Assist ICBA staff in completing their projects by ensuring the smooth operation of the ICBA networking and computing environment
- Manage all aspects of IT client services including helpdesk, hardware, and software deployment, and asset management.
- Define and manage a “common operating environment” for users of ICBA IT services.
- Manage the ‘customer experience”, ensuring that information about services available is accessible to prospective users and that they are kept informed of the status of pending work on their behalf.
Admin and Strategic Management
- Create operational reports and regular reports on the status of the network and the various computing equipment
- Training staff on using systems and equipment
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Coordinating with vendors on Warranty renewal, SLA and AMC on IT infrastructures in DATA centre.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling as per the requirement.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum qualifications of a Bachelor degree in Information and Technology, Computer Science or a relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Dynamics CRM or similar system
- Minimum 5 years of experience integrating Dynamics CRM or similar system with SharePoint, Active Directory, Outlook… etc.
- At least 10 years relevant work experience, with emphasis on network design and management.
- Proven practical experience in Microsoft Server, Exchange, Active Directory, backup and desktops/wifi/laptops etc.
- Understanding of and experience in setting up and running secure networks and systems
- Up-to-date certification from Microsoft and CiscoSecurity certifications would be an added advantage
- Ethical hacking and security experience would be a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team within multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Project management with expert level on computing, problem solving, reporting skills, setting priorities and team building.
- Sound problem solving and decision making
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach and willingness to assist staff and visitors of ICBA.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Arabic is an added advantage
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
P.O. Box 14660
Fax: +9714 3361149