Information Technology Services (ITS) Manager
- Develop and implement IT strategy, policies and procedures in line with ICBA’s business plan
- Direct technological initiatives by understanding ICBA’s goals, practices, and requirements
- Lead ERP implementation and training, MIS and data integration across ICBA
- Work with management to develop projects, review resource requirements and define timelines
- Provide technical expertise in assessing IT software requirements and initiatives across ICBA
- Manage all hardware and software requirements of ICBA
- Identify and manage relationships with third party vendors
- Manage IT budget and develop service levels for providing IT support
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications
- Manage and maintain the network access and security whilst ensuring integrity of systems
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades
- Review reports to monitor health of equipment, network availability and performance
- Keep abreast of latest technologies and determine new solutions and implementations to meet business requirements
- Develops Requests for Proposals (RFP) for external services. Acts as a Tendering committee member in evaluating I.T. related bids received by ICBA;
- Participates in Team Project Management for maintaining and developing systems;
- Tenders and supervises installation of all network electronics and network security components;
- Coordinates technical issues for ICBA’s Events;
- Coach and manage the performance of the IT staff in line with good people management practices
Degree of Independence/ Complexity of Environment
Works independently to develop and manage day-to-day operational aspects of IT projects. Manages projects with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology or related field from a well recognized University;
- Project management skills, ITIL V3 and/or PMI certification;
- Previous experience in an international research organization, government or academic environment is preferable;
- Minimum 5 years experience coordinating and/supporting IT business processes;
- Good Knowledge of client server based applications;
- Knowledge of VMware, Blade servers, IBM Hardware;
- MCSE, MCP or equivalent;
- Bilingual and Arabic speakers preferred;
- Knowledge of Unix environments, SCADA System, LIS, WRF & DsSat and shell scripting is a plus.
- Able to share information in an effective and collaborative manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Strategic thinker, independent worker, shows initiative as well as team player.
- High degree of confidentiality, honesty, responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Analytical, organizational, presentation and trouble-shooting skills.
- Self-directed and able to work within tight development deadlines while providing high quality materials.
- Project oriented- ability to multitask, create timelines, shift focus and adjust priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to analyze and manage budgets
- Demonstrates leadership to define requirements for project risk.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Independent worker, as well as team player
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to: Human Resources ICBA P.O. Box 14660 Dubai- UAE Fax: +9714 3361149 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org