International Center for Biosaline Agriculture, Dubai, UAE
Section Head- Natural Resources Management
Monday, February 1, 2016
Monday, February 15, 2016
Support the Natural Resources Management Section’s researchers in conducting research for development to improve the management of land and water in marginal environment
- Part of research team for field and laboratory activities related to land and water management
- Conduct studies on irrigation management for salinity control, groundwater-irrigation and salinity interactions
- Provide data analysis and interpretation using relevant methods and tools
- Prepare and conduct relevant experimental research on ICBA’s farm and aboard on topics related to improving land and water management for crop production.
- Prepare technical reports, write technical papers, and publish in well-known journals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants should have a doctoral degree in relevant fields of natural resources (soil and water – hydrology), or other closely related field.
- Experience in conducting research on soil and water management and atmosphere interactions in arid and semi-arid areas for the purpose of agricultural production improvement
- Experience in managing and analyzing scientific data. Knowledge of statistical packages is required.
- Experience related to databases, data analysis and interpretation methods, soil and water relevant tools.
- Excellent in GIS and statistical analysis, good knowledge of remote sensing as additional qualification.
- Proven record in relevant scientific publications.
- Candidate should be fluent in English, able to work independently and work with team.
- High level of organization, ability to manage multiple tasks, and team work.
- Excellent technical writing skills
Candidates from Sub-Sahara and Western Africa are encouraged to apply for this position.
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
P.O. Box 14660
Fax: +9714 3361149