Director of Corporate Services
Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Thursday, January 21, 2016
The position plays an integral role in the Center as it entails responsibilities to be performed in order to serve internal/external clients. The Procurement Officer will lead the implementation of procurement procedures and strategies which should deliver best output in terms of cost, quality and service. They will contribute in managing and allocating approved resources in an efficient and timely manner to ensure the operating needs of the Center are met effectively and ensure continuity of service.
- Implement the procurement processes and guidelines, to ensure ICBA obtains the best value for expenditure on goods and services.
- Key person in outsourcing competitive quotes, tendering and developing request for proposal
- Establish and rationalize key supplier agreements, identify new opportunities, seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure compliance.
- Identify new supplier, perform pre-qualification if required, and maintain suppliers’ master data to ensure the most up-to-date data is available for the supply of goods and services.
- Review of purchasing arrangements with suppliers including price, delivery, performance and discounts to achieve reduced supply chain costs
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts and subsequent administration.
- Review submissions from providers for conformity to contract specifications and make recommendations on acceptable contracts
- Assist ICBA management in making sound judgment on all procurement matters
- Strong negotiating skills and procurement expertise.
- The ability to work accurately under pressure while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong organizational & analytical skills
- Superior financial and legal awareness
- Ability to adapt to change while adhering to strict deadlines
- The ability to remain self motivated and sufficient while working as part of a team
- Strong builder of relationships both internally and externally
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in business administration or related field
- 5 years’ relevant experience preferably at an international agricultural research center.
- Working knowledge of ERP, supply chain and other relevant tools and technology
- Good working knowledge of English and Arabic
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
P.O. Box 14660
Fax: +9714 3361149