Procurement Specialist - UAE National
The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
The position plays an integral role in the Center as it entails responsibilities to be performed in order to serve internal/external clients. The Procurement Specialist will ensures that all activities and programs related to procurement are implemented in accordance with ICBA global strategic business objectives which should deliver best output in terms of cost, quality and service. They will contribute in managing and allocating approved resources in an efficient and timely manner to ensure the operating needs of the Center are met effectively and ensure continuity of service. His/her main goal is to develop, implement and administer corporate-wide policies and systems in a consistent and transparent manner to achieve operational cost efficacies and ensure compliance with ICBA’s policies, UAE laws and international best practices.
- Ensure the organization’s procurement strategies are implemented effectively, consistently, and according to UAE laws and benchmarking with international best-practices
- Establish and rationalize key supplier agreements, identify new opportunities, seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure compliance.
- Review of purchasing arrangements with suppliers including price, delivery, performance and discounts to achieve reduced supply chain costs
- Review submissions from providers for conformity to contract specifications and make recommendations on acceptable contracts
- Develop and Manage supplier sourcing strategies & plans to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage projects to improve procurement process
- Develop,streamline and implement Procurement & Inventory policies and guidelines.
- Implement the procurement processes and guidelines, to ensure ICBA obtains the best value for expenditure on goods and services.
- Develop KPIs to monitor and evaluate suppliers and contracts performance
- Perform risk assessment for supply contracts and agreements
- Negotiate/re-negotiate profitable terms & conditions for business contracts and partnerships
- Oversee the daily operations of Procurement and Inventory functions
- Develop purchasing plans in close coordination with internal key-stakeholders , identify business needs , building relationships and sell the features and benefits of early procurement involvement.
- Work with finance team to assist with the forecasting and budgeting during the procurement cycle.Maintain positive working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met
- Analyze market and delivery trends so as to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Corporate Services & Development to prepare reports, making sound judement and make presentations to the Management Committee and the Board
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- 5 years’ relevant experience in procurement department preferably with international procurement services
- Working knowledge of ERP, supply chain and other relevant tools and technology
- Fluent in both English and Arabic
- Strong negotiating skills and procurement expertise.
- The ability to work accurately under pressure while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong organizational & analytical skills
- Superior financial and legal awareness
- Ability to adapt to change while adhering to strict deadlines
- The ability to remain self-motivated and sufficient while working as part of a team
- Strong builder of relationships both internally and externally
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision