The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
The intern will provide program and clerical support to the PRM Unit (listed in the table below), as well as assist other staff in the Directorate of Programs, the Directorate of Corporate Services and senior management in relevant areas as required.
- Undertake online research on issues of interest to ICBA staff
- Assist researchers with the preparation of project concept notes and budgets
- Prepare meeting notes, presentations and briefs
- Continue the creation of a country intelligence module in ICBA’s CRM system
- Assist with any other relevant tasks
- Graduate or post-graduate degree in Agriculture, rural development, biology, food/nutrition/health studies, social sciences
- Language skills: Proficiency in English and Arabic
- IT skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Past experience: Previous internship experience