The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
Support program and project leaders in project management tasks from the initial stage to closing. Specifically, the project officer will help in planning, executing, reporting monitoring and evaluating projects according to pre-determined timelines and budgets. Ensuring quality control throughout the project life cycle is central to this position.
Work within the Programs Directorate on the following:
- Project initiating: work with Program and Project leaders, legal advisor and Director of Programs in preparing technical and financial components of legal agreements to be signed with funding institutions as well as with implementing partners;
- Project planning: work with Program and Project leaders and stakeholders to translate the project proposal into a project workplan, identifying the detailed scope of work and deliverables, roles of partners, schedule and milestone, budget;
- Project executing: manage the day-to-day operations of the project in collaboration with the relevant scientists; work with Program and Project leaders to recruit and manage appropriate project staff including consultants or contractors; support in reviewing job contributions; initiate and follow-up the procurement of goods and services for the project; organize and facilitate stakeholder consultations and project meetings when required; contribute to the preparation of technical and financial reports; prepare budget forecast; facilitate project audits;
- Project monitoring: work with Program and Project leaders in measuring project progress and performance against baseline and expected results; monitor milestones and ensure the timely submission of deliverables; determine if variances warrant a corrective action and request changes when appropriate; ensure any changes in scope are approved and documented;
- Project closing: support Program and Project leaders in completing financial, procurement closure and final technical reports; gather final lessons learned and, in collaboration with other Divisions, update knowledge base;
- Perform other tasks as per Director of Programs and Program leaders’ requirements.
- University Degree in a related subject (Economics, Business/Public Administration, Social Sciences, International Relations, etc.), a masters in sustainable development, food security, rural development or environmental sciences will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of project management preferred in an international organization;
- 2 to 3 years planning and/or management experience;
- Proficiency in the use of computers and related programs particularly MS Project Management.
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V. combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
P.O. Box 14660
Fax: +9714 3361149