Proposal Development Specialist
The Proposal Development Specialist will be responsible for writing strong and compelling proposals that meet the requirements of ICBA prospective donors. This will support the growth of ICBA as laid out in the ICBA Strategy 2013-2023. The person will be a team player with the skills to coordinate proposal development exercises.
- Writes winning proposals for ICBA that are well written, concise, persuasive and presented in a structured and easy to follow-manner;
- Manage simple and average size bid/proposals qualification processes for new opportunities and supports the senior proposal development specialist in the complex bids. This includes:
- Participating in the planning of approaches and pitches;
- Ensuring that establishes deadlines for the proposal development are met;
- Makes the best use of graphic design and multimedia production capabilities available within PKM to ensure final proposal document is presentable and within ICBA branding guidelines;
- Provide input to teaming partner and subcontractor selection;
- Develops the financial proposal ensuring that all ICBA services (technical, managerial, communications, and capacity building) from all divisions are included in the final price. Flag to management when costs cannot be covered due to donor regulation and support the Senior Proposal and Business Development specialists identify workarounds;
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process;
- Work within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Supports ICBA Research and Innovation Division and Partnerships and Knowledge Management Division on identifying strategy/win themes that address donor’s needs, concerns, and objectives, and ensure they are incorporated into proposals;
- Support the development of pricing models and a database for costs, that tracks the different costing guidelines from the major donors and will maximizes full cost recovery for ICBA;
- If required, attend relevant functions, such as events, conferences, meetings and seminars, and provide feedback and information on donor and partner trends;
- Communicate ongoing issues, planned coverage and other notes to Division Director;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Partnerships and Knowledge Management.
- BA degree in relative field;
- A minimum of 5 years of proposal writing preferably in international agriculture research and development. Demonstrate abilities to write technical memorandums, scopes of work, develop budgets;
- Knowledge of the international agricultural and/or water research and development arena with focus on food, water, and nutrition security;
- Solid writing skills in English; Arabic an advantage;
- Knowledge of the proposal preparation process and requirements on major agricultural and water research and development donors. (Preferable);
- Self-motivated and detail-orientated with the ability to work under pressure.
Other Skills and Competencies
- Clear strategic mindset with analytical focus;
- Rapport and relationship building at organizational level;
- Project management skills, problem solving, organizational and planning skills;
- Demonstrated ability to improve efficiencies;
- Confident and articulate in all communications in English (and Arabic preferably);
- Results driven, innovative, creative and able to work on own initiative;
- Professional, energetic;
- Advanced computer literacy.
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to: Human Resources ICBA P.O. Box 14660 Dubai- UAE Fax: +9714 3361149 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org