Senior Proposal Development Specialist
- Develops winning proposals for ICBA that are well written, concise, persuasive and presented in a structured and easy to follow-manner.
- Manage complex bid/proposals qualification processes for new opportunities including:
- Lead the proposal writing teams and activities of ICBA. Including the planning of approaches and pitches.
- Assigns tasks for proposal development teams and establishes deadlines.
- Makes the best use of graphic design and multimedia production capabilities available within PKM to ensure final proposal document is presentable and within ICBA branding guidelines.
- Lead the development of the financial proposal ensuring that all ICBA services (technical, managerial, communications and capacity building) from all divisions are included in the final price. Flag to management when such costs cannot be covered due to donor regulation and work with Senior Business Development specialist to recommend workarounds.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
- Work within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Supports ICBA Research and Innovation Division and Partnerships and Knowledge management Division on identifying strategy/win themes that address donor’s needs, concerns, and objectives, and ensure they are incorporated into proposals.
- Work with the Senior Business Development Specialist to develop a yearly work plan for proposals' development and submission to ensure that all opportunities are maximized.
- Working with the R&I Scientists, Senior Business Development Specialist, and ICBA Senior Level Management, provides input to teaming partner and subcontractor selection.
- Work with the Senior Business Development Specialist to develop pricing models and establish a database for costs, that tracks the different costing guidelines from the major donors and will maximizes full cost recovery for ICBA..
- Provides Proposal Development technical or functional guidance and leadership to other ICBA Staff. Oversees the work of the other proposal writers in the Section.
- Provides training and mentoring to ICBA staff on Proposal Development.
- If required, attend relevant functions, such as events, conferences, meetings and seminars, and provide feedback and information on donor and partner trends.
- Communicate ongoing issues, planned coverage and other notes to Division Director.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Partnerships and Knowledge Management.
- BA degree in relative field.
- A minimum of 8 years of leading complex proposal development teams preferably in international agriculture research and development. demonstrate abilities to write technical memorandums and scope of work
- A solid understanding of the international agricultural and/or water research and development arena with focus on food, water, and nutrition security.
- Solid writing skills in English; Arabic an advantage.
- A strong knowledge of the proposal preparation process and requirements on major agricultural and water research and development donors.
- Self-motivated and detail-orientated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Bachelor Degree in Journalism or Business Administration.
- Previous experience working in an international institution
Other Skills and Competencies
- Clear strategic mindset with analytical focus.
- Rapport and relationship building at organizational level.
- Project management skills, problem solving, organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to improve efficiencies.
- Confident and articulate in all communications in English (and Arabic preferably).
- Results driven, innovative, creative and able to work on own initiative.
- Professional, energetic
- Advanced computer literacy
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
ICBA P.O. Box 14660 Dubai - UAE Fax: +9714 3361149 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org