The Storekeeper ensures the store is a smooth, effective and efficient operation with respect to receipt of goods, verification of specifications with purchase orders, storage, dispatch of good based on material requests and general inventory management including establishing reorder levels and reorder quantities for consumables. The Storekeeper must strictly adhere to the approved store's policies and procedures of the Centre while carrying out these responsibilities. In order to carry out these responsibilities, the Storekeeper enters all data that pertains to the movement of all items of stocks into the computer system and In addition, the Storekeeper queries the system to find information on a variety of issues, plans and manages day-to-day operations, supervises staff and communicates with customers.
- Prepare the inventory purchase requests, receiving, storing, issuing the goods, managing the stock levels and giving out the supplies from the stock;
- Prepare the inventories, maintain the stock records, use computerized systems to enter the records. Accountable for checking the supply invoices with the purchase orders;
- Maintain the record of receipts and issue items that are going out of the inventory to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Oversee that the arrangement of goods has been done in an orderly system within the stock location system so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement. Similarly, ensure that the stocks stay physically protected in the store;
- Undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members;
- Ensure a correct and timely valuation of the inventory and to be involved in directing and managing Procedures related to offloading, packing and unpacking;
- Keep a close eye on the movement of stock from in and out of the inventory and prepare the weekly reports of all the activities in the inventory like the consignment received, the quantity of items received, point of collection and dispatch, stacking number, outstanding balance, etc;
- Follow the right procedure to dispose the unneeded assets and items in a proper and environmentally friendly way;
- Perform other duties related to Assets Inventory Management and Corporate Services Division as assigned by the supervisor;
- Reconciliation of inventory as per physical count and inventory based on the ERP records;
- Prepare a report on the discrepancy, if any;
- Responsible for receiving capital items, tagging the items before these will be issued to requestor or custodian.
- A minimum of a Diploma or equivalent in business related to inventory management, accounting, logistics, etc., from an accredited college or university;
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience;
- Working knowledge of ERP and other relevant tools and technologies;
- Good working knowledge of English Skills.
- Certifications in supply chain management
Applicants are kindly requested to send an updated cover letter and C.V combined in one PDF file along with two names as references to:
Human Resources ICBA P.O. Box 14660 Dubai- UAE Fax: +9714 3361149 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org