The Role of Arab African Cooperation in Addressing the Challenges Facing Agriculture and Food Security
ICBA, Dubai, the United Arab Emirates
The AgTalk will address the following issues:
1. The importance of the agriculture sector and its vital role in the economies of most of the African countries as well as the challenges and issues facing the sector including inappropriate policies, weak governance, lack of technologies, low productivity and limited access to markets in addition to climate change impact.
2. The role played by the Arab Coordination Group in supporting sustainable food production systems and implementing resilient agricultural practices aimed at increasing productivity. That also includes the efforts made by BADEA in supporting agriculture and rural development in Sub-Saharan Africa through both lending and non-lending operations.
3. The structural adjustments and drastic measures needed to put the agriculture sector on the right track. To that end the talk will highlight the road map that BADEA will follow to support Sub-Saharan African countries in their endeavors to revive this important sector.
- Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA), Khartoum, Sudan
- International Center for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA), United Arab Emirates