Online training course on quinoa and Salicornia production
In partnership with the HSBC Bank and Smart Labour, the International Center for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA) is organizing an online training course on the production of quinoa and Salicornia in marginal environments.
The training program's main objective is to demonstrate the cultivation potential of halophytic (salt-loving) crops in desert environments to entrepreneur farmers, extension officers, agriculture experts, and other stakeholders relevant to agriculture, looking into value chain components in parallel.
Other objectives include:
- Provide participants with information related to the proper implementation of agronomic practices of quinoa and Salicornia production.
- Showcase projects on quinoa and Salicornia in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and other countries.
- Familiarize participants with the various uses of quinoa and Salicornia and their products.
- Value chain challenges and actions taken to overcome these challenges.
- Extension officers
- Farmers/ farm owners
- Agriculture experts
(Only participants meeting the above criteria will be invited to attend the training)
- Middle East and North Africa
Register here: Zoom
Closing date for registration: 2 March 2021
- Smart Labour
Dr. Prashant Vikram, Post-Doctoral Fellow - Plant Breeder, ICBA
Mr. Ghazi Al-Jabri, Capacity Development Specialist, ICBA, Dubai, UAE