Long-term experiment for evaluation of salinity tolerance among large collections of buffel grass
- Assess the long-term impact of salinity on buffel grass (Cenchrus ciliaris) germplasm growth, productivity, and on soil status
- Evaluation of the selected accessions for forage quality under saline conditions.
- Improve best management practices for forage crops in marginal regions.
Planting date: 2007
- A total number of 40 germplasm accessions
- Salinity levels: 3 (8, 16, and 24 dS/m)
- The plots were laid out in strips where each genotype was grown on 2 rows 4 m long.