Effect of Biochar on Crop Production Under Irrigation with Saline Water and Deficit Irrigation
- Determine the effect of biochar as a soil amendment on crop productivity in sandy soils.
- Determine the impact of biochar on crop responses to salinity and drought stress conditions.
- Determine the effect of biochar on soil nutrient availability.
- Determine water-holding capacity and water-use efficiency in soils treated with biochar.
Date of Sowing: December 2020
Biochar application date: March 2020 and January 2021
- No. of trials: 2 (Full irrigation (100%) and deficit (75%) irrigation)
- Experimental design of each trial: Split plot design in RCBD
- Main plot treatments: 2 crop species (Rhodes grass and alfalfa)
- Sub plot treatments: 9 (BS1 to BS9)
- Replications: 4