Effect of salinity and irrigation on forage grasses productivity, nutritional quality, and irrigation water and fertilizer use optimization
- Agronomical and physiological characterization, and the potential yield of different forages under salinity and drought stress.
- Assess the nutritional quality of forage cultivars in response to the different irrigation regimes.
- Determine the crop water requirements at different salinity treatments.
- Optimize fertilizer and irrigation water use.
- Seed production.
- Identify the best management practices for forage crops in marginal regions.
Planting date: 2021
- Experiment Layout: Split-Split Plot Design in RCBD
- Main plot Factor = Three Salinity (0.4, 8 and 15 dS/m)
- Subplot Factor = Three Irrigation Quantities (Control (ETc), ETc - 25%, ETc + 25%)
- Sub-subplot Factor = 10 Genotypes including Cenchrus ciliaris, Panicum, Festuca arundinacea, Rhodes Grass.
- Number of replications = 3