Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
Project/Experiment Duration: 2013 - ongoing
- Provide an automated irrigation water quantity and quality delivery system for the research plots in Field 7.
- Provide a demonstration function for high-level technology to reduce water losses.
- Provide the basis of a technology innovation hub in the UAE, making possible the expansion of a technology network with private businesses and research institutes.
- Mixing system for research plots in Field 7 to ensure more accurate water salinity levels.
- Control system for all irrigation management aspects of SCADA: computers, a communications network and graphical user interfaces for high-level irrigation process and supervisory management.
- Remote telemetry unit to interface with the irrigation system in the field.
SCADA is a control system that combines real-time data from weather stations with data from soil moisture and salinity sensors. The system stores and manages large amounts of data and includes computers, communications networks, and graphical user interfaces. It helps to create the level of salinity appropriate for each crop, optimize water productivity and ensure precise experimental conditions.