Long-term Experiment on Evaluation of Salinity Tolerance among Large Collections of Buffel Grass
- Assess the long-term impact of salinity on buffel grass (Cenchrus ciliaris) growth and productivity, and on soil.
- Evaluate the selected accessions for forage quality under saline conditions.
- Conduct seed multiplication.
- Improve best management practices for forage crops in marginal regions.
Planting date: 2007
- A total number of 40 germplasm accessions
- 3 salinity levels: (8 dS/m, 16 dS/m, 24 dS/m)
- Plots with 2 rows of 4 meters for each genotype