Productivity, Water and Energy Use Efficiency of Protected Agriculture in Arid Regions
Dr. Hicham Fatnassi in partnership with AgroTech Co. Ltd. and GreenPlus Co. Ltd. (Korean private companies)
- Evaluation of different greenhouse technologies (Low-tech, Mid-tech, and High-tech) under arid climate.
- Optimization of water and energy use of greenhouses under arid climate.
- Performance analysis of Korean-style remodeled greenhouses in comparison with local conventional greenhouses in terms of crop productivity and resource use.
- The economic viability of Korean-style remodeled greenhouses in comparison with conventional greenhouses.
- Different cropping systems in Korean greenhouse, polycarbonate greenhouse, net house
- Monitor and analyze the microclimate parameters (temperature, humidity, solar radiation, air velocity) inside greenhouses.
- Compare different cooling systems technologies.
- Assess resource use efficiency (water and energy) and crop growth and yield.