Screening for Salinity Stress in Different Genotypes of Foxtail Millet, Amaranth, Salicornia in Hydroponic System
- Comparison of Foxtail Millet (Setaria italica), Amaranth (Amaranthus sp.), and Salicornia accessions for their tolerance to salinity.
- Evaluation of physiological parameters in the different accessions under increasing salinities.
- Determination of the ‘threshold salinity’ within the studied crop.
- Comparing salinity tolerance in a mini core collection of Salicornia at germination stage with the effect of germination stimulant.
Date of Sowing: November 2021
Experimental Design: Systematic planting in a hydroponic system.
- Setup I: 7 salinity levels (0, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 dS/m)
- Setup II: 5 salinity levels (0, 4, 8, 12 and 16 dS/m)