Crop diversification and adaptation under climate change: New salt-tolerant crops and modeling options for management optimization
The regional training workshop in Almaty, Kazakhstan, will bring together the excellence of research in modeling crops, water, rangelands, livestock and agricultural market in order to show to decision-makers how climate will affect regional farming systems and food production in marginal environments of the Aral Sea Basin countries. To achieve this goal, a range of activities, including methodological comparisons of models and use of their outputs, linking of complementary models from different research fields, involvement of stakeholders, training of young scientists, and establishment of a community of practice across a broad range of water crops and land surface scientific disciplines is considered.
- International Center for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA), Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Islamic Development Bank (IDB), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Dr. Shoaib Ismail, Director of Research and Innovation, ICBA
- Dr. Kristina Toderich, Regional Representative, ICBA-CAC
- Mr. Ghazi Al-Jabri, Capacity Building Specialist, ICBA