Sharing outcomes and insight from drought monitoring validations and vulnerability/impact assessments
The objective of the meeting is to highlight the progress and results made so far in the MENA-RDMS project and outline next steps. The meeting will also support cross-country learning on drought management from the project countries, as well as from beyond the region.
Key focus areas
- Drought monitoring validation results and then key pointers to operational use including data dissemination etc. and then how the maps could be used as triggers for actions.
- Vulnerability and impact assessment results and then how this would be used in policy and planning development
Participants (by invitation)
- The consultants tasked with the drought monitoring validation and vulnerability and impact assessment
- Representatives from various government agencies involved in drought management e.g. Min of Ag, Min of Water, Min of Environment, Min of Economy, Meteorological Agencies, National crisis management, River basin managers, farmers union representatives etc.
Dr Rachael McDonnell
Head of Climate Change Modeling and Adaptation Section
Principal Scientist – water policy and governance, ICBA
- USAID—From the American People
- National Drought Mitigation Center
- International Center for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA), United Arab Emirates