Sustainable Green Waste Recovery
- Recycle and treat green waste from harsh and saline environments (high in lignocellulose and sodium etc.) in a sustainable way by transforming it into valuable products and compost that can be beneficially used for agriculture horticulture, erosion control, and many other purposes.
- Test several mixtures composting based on the available vegetation.
- Optimize the composting conditions in the arid environment to produce good quality compost by controlling the feedstock's physical-chemical characteristics.
- Optimize the composting conditions by adding co-substrates and the pre-treatment of GW.
- Improve the quality of the final product by adding nutrient elements and/or beneficial microorganisms.
Starting date: 2020 and 2021
- Thirty-six small units for composting are divided into two sub-plots.
- Two different water quantities for each subplot
- Six different mixtures of available feedstock and proportion
- Two replications